For measuring pH, mV and °C
The instrument is provided with a BNC connector for pH electrodes, electrodes for measuring redox potential (ORP) or specific ion electrodes (ISE). A socket for 0 4 mm banana plugs is provided for connecting a reference electrode independent of the measuring electrode.
Compared to a cable that cannot be detached from the instrument, the BNC offers the advantage of being able to use all the electrodes available on the market an especially those types which for cost reasons do not have a connector directly on the electrode. Furthermore, with the BNC connector it is possible to disconnect the pH measuring cable (ORP, ISE), so that temperature can be measured alone without the electrode connecting cable getting in the way.
The STS 4 temperature measuring probe is optional and is connected to the instrument by means of a 5-pole DIN connector. During pH measurements this probe automatically compensates the electrode temperature compensates the electrode temperature coefficient. If the temperature sensor is not connected, the temperature coefficient may be compensated manually. A mechanical push-button panel protected by a polycarbonate membrane offers the possibility of selecting the desired unit (pH, mV or °C).
Adjustment of asymmetry ( ~0> pH) and ( z slope) in pH measurements is also carried out on the push-button panel. During the calibration phase (CAL) the symbols on the display flash. To return to the measuring mode, push the CAL button again. The calibration data are memorized event when the instrument is turned off. When the HOLD button is pressed the reading on the display is blocked; when the HOLD button is pressed for the second time the instrument returns to normal operation (continuous updating of the reading). To turn the instrument off, press the OFF button.
The instrument will also turn itself off automatically after about 3 minutes if it is in the measuring mode. In the HOLD and calibration modes the instrument will not turn itself off. Automatic cut-off in the measuring mode may be avoided by shifting the jumper in the battery compartment.
- Measuring ranges: pH: 0,00...14,00; mV: -1999... +1999; °C: -50,0 . .. + 1 50,0
- Display: LCD 12 mm, with symbols pH, mV, °C, HOLD
- Precision: ±0,015 pH; ±1 mV ±0,1% of reading; ±0,4°C from -10 to + 110°C ±0,5°C from
- 50 to -10 and from + 110 to + 1 50°C
- Input impedance: > 2 x 1012 Ohm - Bias current: < 10-12 A
- Manual temperature compensation: 0 ... + 1 00°C
- Automatic temperature compensation: limited to the electrode only.
- Asymmetry correction: ±1,5pH(5,5...8,5pH) - Slope correction: 53 ... 60 mV/pH.
- Working temperature: -5 ... + 50°C
- Storage temperature: -20 ... + 65°C
- Power: one 9V battery; 80 hours continuous operation with an zinc-carbon battery, 150 hours with an alkaline battery.
- Dimensions: 80 x 160 x 40 mm
- Weight: 370 gr.
- Add-ons: The instrument is supplied complete with carrying case and two buffer solutions.