The Leading Instrument for Water Quality Survey
- Battery-powered with long autonomy
- Suitable for fresh waters, sea water and wastes
- Internal data-logger with PC interface
- Probe tested at 200mt depth
- 12 parameters with real-time display
The Model 345 “Aquamaster” has been specifically conceived to allow in situ measurements of all most important chemical and physical parameters useful to characterize the waters quality.
Use of this portable instrument with multi-parametric capability greatly reduces the need for sample collection and expensive laboratory analyses: field personnel can discriminate quickly and on-site the parameters falling outside the pre-defined limits and samples for laboratory analysis will be collected only when the situation is clearly unacceptable.
All necessary cells, sensors and electrodes have been enclosed into a single submersible probe designed to withstand water pressures in excess of 20bar corresponding to a practical depth of 200 meters.
The probe body and submersible parts are made of AISI316 stainless steel in order to allow safe use also in sea-water and waste waters.
It is composed by a surface unit with full provisions for programmability, data storage and display (also containing rechargeable batteries for the whole system) and a submersible probe containing all cells, sensors and electrodes with the related measuring and conversion electronics.
The instrument simply measures the working electrode potential that changes progressively as long as the metals are stripped-away in succession at their different electrochemical potentials.
This Chemical stripping action is quite insensitive to almost any interfering organic matter present in the solution and is also insensitive to the presence of dissolved oxygen in solution (another factor of great interference in the traditional voltammetric analysis).
The constant value time at each metal’s redox potential is proportional to the concentration of the metal sample.
The Surface Unit
It is a splash-proof (IP-56) plastic box provided with a soft carrying case with handles and bands allowing hands-free operation. It includes a sealed compartment for the rechargeable battery pack and line power supply/battery-charger. If needed the instrument can be also operated with an EXTERNAL 12V battery.
A waterproof membrane keyboard allows an easy programming and parameters selection. All data can be read simultaneously on back-lighted LCD screen.
The instrument can be operated in two different modes: as real-time multimeter or as data logger (or both at the same time).
Data logger stores at intervals between 10 seconds and 24 hours. Logging start/stop operation can be either manual or predefined When measurement interval is longer than 30 seconds, the instrument automatically disable itself and disconnets the power in order to increase the battery life.
A serial interface RS-232 is provided to connect the Model 345 to any Personal Computer or other suitable device to retrieve data stored in memory. A simple WINDOWS software is available to create data disk files and to format data or reviewing and printout. Model 345 can be also connected to any existing data transmission system (MODEM or VHF radio-link) for long distance connection.
It is an all-stainless steel cylindrical container housing all sensors cells and electrodes with the related electronic circuits. All signals are amplified, scaled and converted in digital form LOCALLY INSIDE THE PROBE.
Using only DIGITAL DATA TRANSMISSION between the probe and the surface unit, all possibilities of noise, interferences and signal attenuation are thus completely eliminated. All electrodes and cells requiring frequent substitution and service, are easily removable without necessity to dismount the probe body.
The electric connection cable is internally reinforced with a Kevlar core and also acts as supporting rope. A submarine multipolar connector allows to separate the probe from the cable.
|pH||0-14 units||0.01 units||±0.2 units|
|-10 +50°C||0.1°C||±3°C ±1°C|
|0 +200°F||0.1°F||±5°F ±2°F|
|-10 +50°C||0.1°C||±3°C ±1°C|
|0 +200°F||0.1°F||±5°F ±2°F|
- Display: LCD, alpha-numeric, 2 rows of 40 characters
- Keyboard: membrane-type, splash-proof, 14 dedicated keys
- Battery: Lead-acid, gel-type, fully sealed rechargeable accumulator 12V, 3A/h
- Autonomy: 1 month (with one reading/hour sampling rate)
- Battery: charger internal, 110-220Va.c. 50-60Hz 15VA
- Interface: RS-232C, 9600-38400 baud, formatted ASCII characters
- Memory: 128kbytes C-MOS RAM, equivalent to about 10,000 complete records of all parameters.
- Reading: all data on the LCD display are refreshed every 2 seconds
- Data logger: programmable for one complete record of all parameters every 10 seconds up to 24 hours (1 second increments)
- Usable: with natural water, fresh water, drinking waters, sea water, waste waters (clear), from -10 to +50 °C.
- Max depth: 200 mt
- Surface: unitsplash-proof (IP-56) box with integral soft carrying case. 300x200x150mm, weight 3kg (approx. with battery). Waterproof connectors.
- Probe: it is supplied with waterproof connector and 10 mt of reinforced cable: cable with different lengths (up to 200 mt) must be specified at order level. Cylindrical stainless steel: 48 mm diameter, 770 mm length, weight 3 Kg
Accessories included in the supply:
Model 345 AQUAMASTER includes Surface Unit and Multiparametric Probe, complete with all sensors, cells and electrodes, standard 10 mt cable if not specified a different length
Accessories and replacement parts:
|201/SSG/6X||Glass Electrode for pH|
|363/SSG/6X||Reference Ag/agCl Electrode|
|192/1/6X||Conductometric Cell K=1|
|192/10/6X||Conductometric Cell k=10|
|332/MX||Replaceable cartridge for D.O. Electrode|
|332/SX||Refilling solution for D.O. Electrode|
Model 345 finds its ideal application both for spot and long time measurement campaigns. Equipped with two conductivity cells with four range of measurement, Model 345 can be used in:
- Sea waters
- Bathing waters
- Fresh waters: rivers, lakes
- Waste water
- Groundwater monitoring directly in wells of 2-inch
- Water survey and profiling
Special features allow a very flexible operating:
- Back-lighted display allows reading in critical conditions.
- Large memory of 128Kb allows data acquisition and recordingof date and place of measurement.
- Possibility to maintain in charge the battery when instrument is not used, or recharging it by using a car battery when needed.
- Possibility of data interchange between users working with different probes.
- Possibility to use the instrument in fixed monitoring stations for environmental surveillance.
- Possibility of data transmission via MODEM or VHF radio-link.