Microprocessor Conductivity Meter Thermometer
In conductivity measurements, the compensation of the temperature coefficient a Tis automatic with a Tvariable between 0.00%/°C and 4%/°C. The instrument is supplied complete with a conductimetry cell with 4 graphite electrodes (to eliminate polarization effects) and a built-in temperature sensor.
The possible range of measurement of this cell is extremely wide, from a few microsiemens (distilled water) to a fraction of Siemens (base or strong acid).
The instrument is provided with the following functions: “Autorange”, “Hold”, manual and/or automatic calibration with a sample solution (generally solutions of KCI with a known concentration) relative measurements, simultaneous storage (RCD) of minimum and maximum for both conductivity and temperature, Auto-Power-Off (it may be disabled), “Beep” to indicate that a key has been activated. The TP 870 range of probes is available for temperature measurements in a wider range than possible with the conductimetry cell.
Instrument Control Legenda
- Input A DIN 8-pole connector. This input is suitable for the combined conductivity / temperature probe and for the TP 870 series of solely temperature probes.
- HOLD symbol indicating HOLD status.
- MIN symbol. The value indicated on the display is the MIN value stored by the instrument.
- MAX symbol. The value indicated on the display is the MAX value stored by the instrument.
- RCD symbol. Indicates that the instrument is storing the maximum and minimum value of the probe inserted in input A.
- HOLD key. When this key is pressed the reading on the display is held while internally the instrument continues to update data.
- REC key. when this key is pressed the instrument is set to store che MAX, MIN and present values read at the probe input.
- REL key. For selecting REL relative operating mode. The relative measurement is taken with respect to the moment the REL key is pressed.
- “aT” Key.When this key is pressed the modification of the temperature coefficient by means of the “triangle up-down” keys is enabled.
- °C/°F Key. When this key is pressed temperature reading in °C or °F is selected.
- “Triangle Up” key. This key is used during calibration to increase the value indicated on the display .
- °C symbol, indicates that the reading being made is in °C.
- °F symbol, indicates that the reading being made is in °F.
- µS symbol, indicates that the reading being made is in µS (microSiemens).
- mS symbol, indicates that the reading being made is in mS (milliSiemens).
- REL symbol, indicates that a REL relative measurement is being taken.
- B, flashing symbol, indicates that AUTO-POWER-OFF is disabled.
- ON/OFF key ot switching the instrument on and off.
- DATA-CALL key; when this key is pressed the display shows in sequence the MAX, MIN and present value of the signal detected by the probe inserted in input A.
- X Keywhen this key is pressed the electric conductivity of the liquid being tested is measured .
- CAL key when this key is pressed during the conductivity measurement, automatic and/or manual calibration is enabled.
- Key V this key is used during calibration to decrease the value indicated on the display.
- Conductivity: 0...199.9 µS; 1999 µS/1 µS; 19.99 mS/0.01 mS; 199.9 mS/0.1 mS
- -25...+60°C (-19...+140°F) with built-in sensor in the conductimetry cell HD 8706S;
- -50... + 199.9°C (-58...392°F) with optional TP 870 resolution 0.1 °C or 0.1°F up to + 199.9°F,1 °F beyond 200°P
- ±0.5% end of scale ±0.5% of reading for conductivity;
- ±0.2°C (±0.4°F) ±0.15% of reading for temperature (including probe error)
- Temperature Compensation: automatic with a T= 0.00. . .4.00%/°C
- Display: LCD 12 mm
- Symbols on the display: HOLD, RCD, REL, MAX, MIN, °C, °F, µS, mS
- A/D Conversion Frequency: about 1 sec./conversion
- Functions: Autorange, HOLD, storage of RCD, MAX/MIN, relative measure ments, automatic and/or manual calibration
- Instrument Working Temperature: 0. . . + 50°C (32.. . + 122°F)
- HD 8706S Probe Working Temperature: -25°C... + 60°C
- Power Supply: 9W006P dry battery, duration about 100 hours with alkaline battery. Low battery charge indicated by a "Beep" at intervals of 30 seconds
- Weight: about 350 gr
- Dimensions: 135x73x38mm
- Probe Connection: DIN 8-pole connector